Landakot / ÍR-húsið / Kjöthús

The story of a church that became a sportshall

The story of Landakot is told in a new exhibition. The house was built in 1897 as the first catholic church since reformation. In 1930 it became a sportshall and remained as such until recently when it was relocated to the musuem.

árbæjarsafn-sýningar-hús krists og kærleika



Árbær Open Air Museum


110 Reykjavík

Tel: (+354) 411 6304


Opening hours

Opening hours

Sept-May 13:00-17:00

June-August 10:00-17:00

Guided tours daily all year round at 13:00.

Included in admission, no need to pre-book.

Christmas & New Year

24 Dec only guided tour at 13:00, 25 Dec closed, 26 Dec only guided tour at 13:00, 31 Dec only guided tour 13:00, 1 Jan closed.

Guided tours in English for groups (10+) are available throughout the year by appointment.





1,740 ISK

Children (0-17 years)

Free admission


Free admission

Students with student card

1,120 ISK

Reykjavík Culture Year Pass

6,500 ISK

City Card holders

Free admission

Sign up to our mailing list

We will send you information about our events